This is a fantastic material with a fine woven fabric on the front and an easy removable adhesive on the back.
It's the secret weapon on decorators and other handy creatives as removable wallpaper.
• Woven fabric yielding a textured wall covering appearance and extra rigidity for easy hanging.
• The fabric-like make-up means it does not easily rip or wrinkle and is relatively rigid to aid hanging.
• Will stick to virtually any non-porous flat surface and is removable 99% residue free.
• Patented oil based adhesive for excellent grip and release characteristics.
• Phototex gives you vivid, sharp print results with brilliant colours.
• Does not remove paint when removed .
• Perfect for Commercial, Retail and Home bespoke interior design.
1. CHOOSE YOUR SPOT TO SHOW YOUR PRINTS!
Pick a smooth, dry and clean surface. The most traditional places are on any wall, door, window or car (do not block the windscreen). When hanging Phototex on a standard painted wall, make sure the wall has been previously primed prior to painting and is completely dry. If you place Phototex on a pebbly, textured or porous surface (i.e. brick or cement walls), you may receive poor results, but in most cases it has worked. We also suggest not placing it above fireplaces.
2. CLEAN IT BEFORE YOU STICK IT
Use a warm, damp cloth or sponge to clean the wall surface or window and allow it to completely dry. You can remove and replace the Phototex over and over again, however, once the adhesive collects too much dust, dirt or fibres it will become less effective, and the Phototex may not stick as well to your surface.
3. PEEL AND STICK IT
Phototex is paste free which means there is no need for messy and time consuming pasting. Depending on the size of your Phototex print it may be helpful to have two people install it. Try not to let the adhesive come together, or the Phototex to fold up against itself. It’s okay if it does, you can separate it by carefully pulling it apart so you do not ruin the print. Start at the top of your Phototex print and pull down approximately 5 - 10 cm of the backing paper. By lightly pressing and smoothing, apply the 5 - 10 cm exposed adhesive area of your Phototex to the chosen surface area. Then continue to slowly pull the backer downward in 20 - 30 cm increments smoothing the Phototex as you go. Once the Phototex is started, it may be helpful if another person holds the bottom and pulls down slightly giving some tension and keeping it straight and easier to apply. If there are any bubbles or wrinkles, you can lightly press or smooth them out, or just peel back that area and re-apply. Please Note: Pressing too hard will not damage Phototex however, it may cause your hands to gather ink (due to the natural oils on your hands), and it could transfer from your hands onto another surface.
4. MAKING GOOD
If a bubble re-appears over the next day or two, you can remove it by pressing and lightly rubbing it. This may happen occasionally because oil, dirt or dust could be on your surface. You can use a pin to pop the bubble and then smooth it out with your fingers in a circular motion. If it keeps re-appearing, you may want to move your Phototex to another area.
5. OUTDOORS With the patented adhesive you can place your Phototex on any outdoor flat surface; however, it may fade after 6-12 months of strong sun exposure. Liquid Lamination will improve the life of the inks and protect against fading. It has lasted up to 2 years before fading. Phototex will stay in place on a car for a long time, but car washes will eventually wear it out. We have thoroughly tested it on the outside of cars, race cars, boats and airplanes over a two-year period. To ensure Phototex stays on a moving surface, it is very important when applying it that there are no air gaps. Simply use the back of a spoon on top of the Phototex to smooth it tightly into cracks and around bends.
6. THE OPPORTUNITIES GO ON AND ON
Phototex is limited by ones imagination only. It has captured the imagination of home users and top design agencies alike. Often used for retail signage, office, interior design ads, home interior design.